Canadian PE Firm
Leading Strategic Advisor for Energy Portfolio Company
Acted as Strategic Advisor in International off-Grid Solar and Hydro-electric project.
In this engagement, we acted at the sole strategic advisor to a Canadian PE firm to execute a $35M+(minimum guarantee) contract awarded by international government to one of its portfolio company’s.
Situation at ground zero: Client secured a contract from an International government to Build Operate and Transfer solar and hydroelectric plants of up to 200MW for 25 years.
Our mandate here was to;
- Help qualify and validate the guarantee provided by the government with associated BOT documentation
- Advising on the engagement of engineering firms to execute contract requirements
- Structuring approach to acquire new partners and investors for various divisions of the 200MW allocation
- Advise on all aspects of the transaction and participate in all deliberations and negotiations
- Built a variety of models and advised on the structure of varying deals with engineering firms whose role was to build the power plants internationally, ensuring the right preestablished quality control measures
- Built out operational model to ensure required payback and profitability
- Successfully advised in the brokering of an $86M investment from a leading Canadian engineering firm; working towards goal of $230M